Wednesday, March 5, 2014

As I was handing out hats & gloves & praying for people who were quietly waiting on a Lighthouse Mission street outreach food line - a car screached up to me and the people inside of the car began shouting that I should not be helping "these people" because they make their town look bad by waiting on Lighthouse Mission food lines each week. "You should be ashamed of yourself! Let the government help them & send everyone home." Then they said something about them being "Christian" then drove away. I never had a chance to say anything.... how sad that was for me. Not because they yelled at me (it happens all of the time) but the idea that they might say they follow Jesus & have such hate in their heart. How could they possibly know who Jesus is? - Pastor Jim "Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him." - 1 John 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment