Tuesday, October 22, 2013

After I finished sharing a message about Jesus with a crowd of people waiting on line for food at a Lighthouse 
Mission street outreach I sat down on a curb with a 3 1/2 yr old little boy who was waiting for his mom to get food & we began to talk. He told me all about how he is hungry & his & his sisters belly hurts most of the time because his family has no food to eat, he showed me where his side hurts because the wood floor he sleeps on is not "soft" like the bed he used to have and how he is scared at night because he does not have a daddy to keep his family safe from the mean people who yell at them (they are homeless staying wherever they can).. I asked him if he was scared sitting next to me & he told me "no way! Jesus is here & did you know He is a super hero?" As cute as this is and as many times a week I hear stories like this you would think that I would be used to it by now, but still I could hardly keep back the tears... Here is the really sad part- they have been to many "churches" for help the mom explained and they all turned them away- most, sent them to the Lighthouse Mission. My question to you is "does your church financially support the Lighthouse Mission?" If not please ask why & ask them to pray about getting on board. Sadly, very - very few actually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment