Thursday, February 7, 2013

Perhaps you have heard it said that "People don't want anything to do with God" I would have to disagree. So often I get a glimpse as to what it was like for Jesus when crowds pressed around him for blessings and healing. During a normal Lighthouse Mission street outreach. I walk up and down the lines of shivering, hurting & hungry people offering them Bible tracks, warm hats and gloves, etc. and countless people ask for prayer & blessings.. I was overwhelmed to tears when a desperate mother made her way to me and placed her tiny baby who is suffering of cancer into my arms for prayer... I don't think people want nothing to do with God, I think that in some cases "people that know God want nothing to do with people who don't know God unless they walk through the doors of their church".. Jesus went to the people: he healed them. fed them, blessed them & suffered for them. Will you help the Lighthouse Mission do the same?

"Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me" -- Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment