Saturday, March 5, 2011

New van for "kids Club"



Hello everyone, many of you have been praying for the Lighthouse Mission to be able to buy a pair of new vans so that we could pick up the children who live in homeless shelters who are not able to attend the Lighthouse Missions "Kids Club".


As you might imagine a new van will cost well over twenty two thousand dollars. With the economy still on a nose dive our donations- (you know the only means of funding for the Lighthouse Mission- please consider being a monthly supporter... pretty please) has taken a dip. All of this translates into a lot of laughing at me (Pastor Jim) when I am asked what the Lighthouse Mission could really use and I answer “a new van to pick up children form homeless shelters”. Sadly, those laughing people must have forgotten whom I work for, its the same amazing person who provides us with enough food to feed 2600+ people each week, or funds to fuel our trucks, or perhaps even the new buildings He gave him- yeah I'm talking about GOD!


Sunday afternoon I received a telephone call from a close friend & supporter of the mission who simply asked” what are you planning to do about picking up the children who have no way to get the the Missions “kids Club” program?” I replied” I have no idea, but I know God will provide some way, He has never let me down”. “ I went to the Ford dealer with my wife and found a wonderful new passenger van that would work perfectly. I want you to go there and take a look at it.” the supporter said. “I don’t have enough money to even fill the gas tank” Pastor Jim explained. The supporter said “don’t worry about that, I have already taken care of it. If you like it-it’s yours!”. Moments later (after I picked myself up off of the floor), I got onto my knees and thanked God once again for His amazing provision for His lighthouse Mission.


Two days later we had an amazing new van completely paid for. It can seat 12 children & even has a CD player! - How else would you expect God to want us to drive his precious little children to His “Kids Club” to learn about His amazing son Jesus?


We are planning to immediately use the van to pick up all of the children who have to sit in a shelter all day because their families have no way to get them to the mission.


In the Gospel of Matthew Jesus says “with man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible.” - Matthew 19:26


I can't wait to see what God is going to do next!!!


God Bless you..

Pastor Jim Ryan



No comments:

Post a Comment