Friday, February 12, 2010

God keeps on Blessing & blessing & blessing....





Working here at the Lighthouse Mission is amazing for so many reasons.

I have been in ministry leadership for many years as a pastor of several churches and now the largest food distributor to the needy on Long Island, NY. However, I have never seen God at work like I have seen here at the mission. I am blessed to witness miracles on a daily basis. I see so many miracles you would think that I would get used to them- I have to tell you that I am blown away by Gods miracles every time I am blessed to witness one. For example, just today I was reviewing everything that we are going to need for the "Kids Club" my wife Andrea leads for the mission each Saturday. As you well know the mission does not have any money. In fact, what little money people do donate to us goes directly to put fuel in our trucks, buy food, etc. so we don't have much left over to buy supplies for the children's ministry. Today I discovered that we needed drinks for the children- we have a lunch for each of them but no drinks. Where will I find a drink for 100+ children within a day? God heard my prayer and in an hour a van pulled up from a local school and explained that since there was no school next week they had no use for the 100+ containers of milk... do we need it? If you ever get a chance to read a book about George Muller who was an amazing pastor / evangelist you will see that this is the kind of things God does on a regular basis for those who seek Him for all things

( http://www.biblebelievers.com/george_muller/index.html)

Soon after, I noticed that we are ready to start painting the new building so where was I going to find the $900+ dollars for the paint & materials needed to paint the room. Soon after a local paint supply company dropped of enough paint & supplies to paint the entire facility, another miracle.

Soon after, another school dropped off hundreds of Valentine stuffed decorated shoeboxes to give to the children of the “Kids Club”. These are packed with candies & goodies! The children are going to freak out when they get them.

Why does God provide in a way that is so specific for the Lighthouse Mission? The answer, I believe is pretty simple: Because much like the poor people in the world that have no means of getting food for their family they completely lean on the Lord for all that they need (much like the sparrow Jesus speaks about) and God simply provides for them- some how, some way God provides. The Lighthouse Mission trusts and completely relies on the Lord (lets face it- Its His ministry, why wouldn't He provide for it?).

He has NEVER let me down. Thank you JESUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment